I adapted this recipe from Gimme Some Oven blog, which is full of wonderful recipes that all look delicious! This is another very easy meal that requires very little prep but definitely provides a lot of flavor. I would imagine it would work wonderfully on the grill, although I haven’t had a chance to try it like that yet. You could also shred the chicken and use the meat for mouthwatering chicken tacos! If you love lime and you love cilantro then I insist you give this recipe a try. The original recipe can be found here.
This can be served with a side of vegetables, rice, quinoa or a nice salad! Let me know what you all think!
Cilantro, Lime Chicken
2 lbs chicken thighs (we used boneless)
1/2 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
zest of two limes
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Wash and pat the chicken dry. Place in a large ziplock bag.
- Add lime juice, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, half of the lime zest, and half of the chopped cilantro. Close bag and mix well. Be sure to incorporate all of the ingredients and coat the chicken well.
- Place bag in the refrigerator for at least an hour. I prefer to let it marinade for a few hours. The marinade can be made in the morning and placed in the refrigerator, so that it is ready to throw in the oven for dinner.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease baking dish with olive oil and place the chicken and the marinade in the pan. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. We used boneless thighs so keep that in mind when you make your chicken. If you use bone in chicken thighs you will need to cook longer. Usually bone in chicken take 40 to 45 minutes to cook.
- Once cooked, sprinkle the remaining lime zest and cilantro over the chicken.